111

Monday, 6 April 2020

My car makes a strange noise?

Darwin Ecton: If you replaced the brake pads on the front, it might be the rear brakes. If it makes the noise at low speed, your Dad can walk next to you as you drive to determine where the noise is coming from. I sometimes put the front end up on jack stands and run the car in gear to check a noise. Brake pads have a wear bar that drags on the rotors to let you know they are getting thin and need replacing. You didn't say how you (supposedly) got the noise fixed. Pads should be replaced on one whole end of a car at the same time. All brakes should be inspected annually. ...Show more

Elissa Curlin: Do you know where the sound is coming from? Might be your CV boot is loose, though I would imagined they would have noticed while replacing the brakes.Easy way to check if it's your CV boot/Axle is to turn your steering wheel all the way and then listen for a "cracking sound."...Show more

Donnie Bolio: As a Camery owner myself I can't say I have come across this is! sue before .I would recommend that you check the break pads as they may be worn

Anibal Katayama: =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=Put the car on a "lift" or rack and check the underneath side for a possible rub. Sometimes, something in the road may have come from underneath and caused a part to be "bent". Hence the rubbing sounds. >>> Does the sound happen when making a left turn or right turn?etc., etc., ........Show more

Will Camus: Call a mechanic or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment