Davis Zou: If you can adjust bass from your stock head unit, and it get's really loud without distortion, then just throw in an amp and install a single 12" in a ported box. That way, you can lower the bass on your head unit and still get the chest hit from good bass while your highs are blaring.
Derrick Smsith: Step #1 is to have an extra $5,000 to burn on subs and amps. Then cough up another $2,000 (or more) on alternators and batteries. Then a couple hundred for LOTS of 0 gauge, and materials to build your own subwoofer enclosure. This will get you in the mid to high 150dB range. With about $2,000 you could get close to 150dB (or slightly more depending on your tuning of the box). It is a matter of money, and knowledge as well. If you want a very powerful system, you need to know how it works inside and out. Decent equipment will work for most people. I have seen two 12" Alpines that were in a box tuned higher and they hit 135dB on music, not bad, more than good ! for the average listener. Every 10dB is twice as loud to the human ear. So what it comes down to is how big your budget is, and what "affordable" means to you. Also learn up about car audio if you want to go big. For me, about 145+dB is where it starts getting to where the bass is loud enough to be fun....Show more
Karl Samiec: In the event you to find an adapter to transform 110volt condo current to 12 volt vehicle current to vigour your amp you are able to do it making use of car components. The one thing wanted after that's the hook up from laptop speaker jack into your amp and wire all speakers from amp into your sub woof, and other audio system just right luck.... Which you can examine how much energy you'll have to pressure audio system with an amp in activities and electronics part on the library...Show more
Esteban Lyson: Relative question will receive relative answers. You can get a nice set up for under 1k. That include all new speakers, head unit, amp! , and sub(s). Not knock off but good quality. I like alpine. J! L audio is great also. So are many others. It mostly all comes down to what you're willing to spend. Big name brands are usually better. Go cheap and you'll get cheap. It's all just personal preference. I'd say, get a nice 12in sub with plenty of power for bass. Good speakers with 4 channel amp to match up to the loud bass and of course a good stereo to control it and adjust all that you need. Along with a bass knob to adjust the sub woofer since all songs are different. I spent 400 on sub, amp, and a pair of speakers. My car came with an aftermarket head unit and wiring. So 500 if I needed to buy everything. The sub can go up to 600 watts rms. I think the peak is 1000 watts but thats just guessing. It's a alpine type r 12" sub with mrp m500 alpine amp. 300 for the whole deal including box off amazon. I personally think it was a great deal. Could've gone with a bigger amp but not entirely necessary. And I bought the type s speakers I believe. Amp can't supply all the power ! the sub can take so I didn't need type r speakers. And it is definitely loud enough for freeway driving with the windows down turned up 2/3 the way easily. I'm not saying you should go with this set up but IMO it was good bang for buck. Be sure to get the correctly ported box for your sub. You'll need to do more reading on that since others will explain it better than I can. I went with a cheaper smaller box first and it was still good but the one ported for it that was slightly bigger was perfect. Made a good difference. If you want the best deal you can get a used set up. Just listen to it first to make sure it works and it's a good brand. You'll never truly know what you'll get but when I upgrade I'll take a little risk for it. Just need to know what you're looking for and do your research...Show more
No comments:
Post a Comment