Rufus Plough: Nothing beats a quality wax job with good wax. Maguire's and Mother's are both decent products. Armour-all wax is OK, but is a high volume lower quality product.Rust spots often start from a nick in the paint (or from underneath, from the back, unpainted side of the metal). Clean and touch up nicks in the paint job. Keep it clean, don't let leaves and dirt, etc. build up in wheel wells and fender edges as this retains moisture and hastens rust.I wouldn't use a car cover outside in the weather as covers trap moisture beneath them and encourage mold and mildew growth - and rust. The reason they get wet underneath is because they are open at the bottom, right? Evaporating moisture comes up from the ground and condenses on the underside of the cover......Show more
Margy Sandquist: Get heavy duty car covers. In addition to any wax you can use or polish, a car cover garauntees the body of the car will not be damaged by sun fading, snow, rain, etc. Alt! hough it wont protect the car from hail, or any other heavy object falling from the sky, it does well with weather.EDIT: evaporating moisture causes rust on cars, true...IF THEY"RE PARKED ON THE GRASShonestly, anyone who parks a car on grass deserves to see it rust before their eyes.EDIT2: mr top contributor has a very good point. (not saxter)...Show more
Brenton Cornwall: The combination of a couple answers is best.First - a thorough wash and cleaning is mandatory. If you want to go the full 9 yards, do the clay-bar treatment after using a car-specific wash, then use a good-quality wax. No, "Armor All" is not the best product to use. I'm a fan of Meguiar's waxes and detailing liquids, and I can definitely recommend them. When you wax - the first time out put down two or three coats of wax - get a good solid foundation on the car, and you can get by for longer with just the detailing spray/quick wax as a touch up. It also helps the paint resist staining from leaves an! d other material left on the car's finish, if you can't clean ! it up quickly.Finally, a good quality car cover is excellent protection. Get the best car cover(s) you can afford, and avoid the basic, single-layer stuff that neither breathes well nor keeps out the elements. A few rules apply here for their use - never put them on a wet car, and never take them off when there's snow/ice on them causing them to cling to the car's surface - you'll damage both the finish and the car cover if you just "rip" the cover from the surface. For bumpers/chrome trim, use a good chrome polish - don't use regular wax. If you're near the ocean, you're going to have a heck of a time with alkaline-accelerated rust from the salt-air on these surfaces - good luck!...Show more
Terrell Lawman: I don't worry too much about the economy. It doesn't effect us too much where we live, but also I know that looking back at history you will see how we eventually pull ourselves out of it. Things always get better. Not sure how long it will take though. But we are! secure enough that I can continue to be a stay at home mom. My husband prides himself in being able to support our family so I can be here for our kids. I have thought of finding something I can do from home, but haven't really done that yet. I just want to feel like I"m contributing. But my husband always reminds me that I AM contributing in many important ways. He's the greatest :) I guess the ultimate question is.....do your kids need the things that money can buy, or the things money can't buy?...Show more
No comments:
Post a Comment