Salvatore Walls: i think you should still go to school. have a social life. you dont want to stay home because that will get boring after awhile. then you could hang out with friends and maybe find a boyfriend too. they teach you other things in life too not just subjects, like being on-time to classes, getting along with people, manners, etc. thats what i would do.
Troy Monsivais: just go out and go to school. face life the way it is. you wont get the skills you really need being locked in a room. life is not easy. you need to learn to deal with people and you wont learn it sending emails from home. read the book called emotional intelligence and you will know what it is all about. good luck!!
Rachell Meese: Home school is better. You will have no peer pressure and much less stress. Don't let anyone tell you that peer pressure and negative interaction are all part of "growing up and the social skills". There is more time for quality learning and less wasted ! time like waiting for and riding the bus to school, lunch time at school and changing classes. You can choose the subjects that you want to concentrate on. The world is very complex now and the public schools have not adapted well. There is always time to go back to school next year or the year after. Another added bonus is that while schooling at home you are less likely to pick up a terrible contagious disease such as Swine Flu (H1N1). Good Luck with whichever option you choose!...Show more
Evelin Turlich: I have had Shingles before. The sickness caused by stress. I do know what its like to be stressed out. Its terrible and I'm only in the 7th grade. I had it when I was in the 5th and they said if you have it once you will have it again. I seriously don't want to skip 6 weeks of school again...But I did get my work sent to me. Still stuck between staying home and going to school.
Jesse Pirieda: Wow, a lot of these people are idiots. ((Too crass? Awkward and il! l-mannered? Can't help it, I'm a product of public school.))Wh! y on earth do you WANT to go to school if you hate the school? Doesn't make sense to me. When I started 7th grade, the first six months were an absolute hell. There were literally only two people in the entire school (which had around 1500+ kids) who were LESS popular than I was, so to say that it was bad is the understatement of the year. I was the target of many a comment, prank, theft and -- on occasion -- fist-fight. Bad scene. My grades went down to Ds and Fs and I was practically suicidal, I faked a lot of illness to not go to school that semester. Right after the break I switched schools to a high-academics charter school, and things got much better. High school was a bore, I skipped as much as I could, eventually graduated with honors from a private university (which, I might add, was the BEST schooling experience I ever had). So. Make a list of pros and cons for each option. Look for something that tips the scales one way or another. And realize that you CAN change! course if things get too bad. You can rise up out of regular classes anytime you want in order to homeschool, and if you choose to homeschool for a semester or a year, the public school will always be there waiting for you. Nothing is written in stone....Show more
Connie Dickirson: It all depends how good the public schools are and how responsible you would be in home school. I was in home school, and I found it easier to cheat or procrastinate. You won't develop any social skills, not to mention it doesn't matter how smart you really are; Home school doesn't look good on a college application or résumé. In high school, you will get professionals to teach you, you'll learn to wake up early for work, interact with people, get a meaningful diploma, etc....Show more
No comments:
Post a Comment