Dawn Saha: You will need to maintain AT LEAST a 2.0 GPA. Try to do better than that in all your classes however. A future employer may want to see your school transcripts and may not want to hire someone who only maintained a 2.0 average.As soon as you start to realize you are not understanding the course subject matter and are not doing well in any class, talk with the class instructor on how you can improve. That may mean getting extra tutoring in the subject. If you do earn a D in a class, you probably can re-take it, but make sure if you do that you will be able to improve your grade. Unless you end up in Financial Aid Suspension, whereby you will no longer be eligible for Federal financial aid, your financial aid will cover the cost of any classes you may choose to retake.Make an appointment with and talk with your faculty/academic adviser SOON and learn about the school's Satisfactory Academic Policy before you end up on Academic and Financial Aid Probation. Talk wi! th an adviser at your school who specializes in issues of students who are planning to transfer to a university, too. Also, make sure in the future you pick your courses wisely so you don't take something that is beyond your capabilities. Example: I knew mathematics was not "my thing" and successfully avoiding taking any math courses in college. I did take an algebra refresher course, an adult continuing education class, before I started in an MBA program, however. Once I realized I needed to take calculus in the MBA program, I knew I would be sunk and decided not to continue in that program for a 2nd master's degree. :-SLibrarians--Ask Us, We Answer! Find your local Public Library at:http://www.publiclibraries.com/Find your College/University Library at: http://lists.webjunction.org/libweb/Academic_main.... Best wishes...Show more
No comments:
Post a Comment