111

Friday, 15 May 2020

Tivo vs DVR?

Susan Rambo: TIVO was amazing - when I switched from DirecTV Tivo to Dish DVR I missed some of the functions on the old TIVO (such as looking for future recordings of any show on any channel's in the forthcoming weeks, for one example) But, recently I switched from Dish to Medicom (with HD-DVR) and it allows me the same conveniences as the years old DirecTV TIVO gave me. For the first time that I left TIVO behind years past - I am again completey satisfied. Finally (!) DVR technology is taking advantage of TIVO's original user-friendly features. *Applause*TIVO was the pioneer in this tech field and should be remembered fondly - but DVR has brought HD recording into the new era (if only TIVO had the right people pushing next generation tech at the right time... this question wouldn't be asked... 'Nuff said) But... don't rule TIVO out just yet - if they're smart, they COULD revitalize the HDTV generation - just because of the recognizable name alone. ;)Time will tell!...Sho! w more

Dan Seen: i switched from directv w/ tivo to dish hd dvr, at first i really missed tivo, some of the user inter face on tivo cant be beat, im now really happy with dishes dvr,just had to get used to it. the only time i miss tivo now is when im searching for a show with the search engine or trying to set up a rec in advance of more then two weeks.

Stan Conley: I have DVR and it, in my opinion, is 100X better. I have Dish and the DVR is amazing. The menu with all the recorded shows is clear and in order and it stops at the bottom and stops at the top, meaning you cant just scroll through it over and over and over. You can scroll to the bottom and eventually reach the last recorded show and the menu stops. and there are better options for fast fowarding. There is a go ahead 1 minute button and its perfect during commercials and you dont have to wait, it instantly goes ahead 1 minute in 1 second. It is just easier to use. definatley go with DVR...Show m! ore

No comments:

Post a Comment