111

Sunday, 23 August 2020

Where can I garden year-round?

Collin Barter: Hi I've lived in both Florida and Pennsylvania. Florida is hot enough to have a garden all year round - especially southern Florida. The problem is it is very hot in the summer and most veggies don't do so well when the tem is above 90 every day for months on end. Plus gardening in that kind of heat is not fun either. I would think California would have a milder climate that doesn't get that cold and may allow for gardening year round. You can also try a greenhouse or cold frames to exend your growing season.Good Luck...Show more

Marcellus Exler: In the continental United States, Florida has the longest growing season, with southern California I think second. Without, It would have to be Hawaii.

Thurman Buege: Everywhere there is a winter. A resting period for the soil. You need a greenhouse and even then, there is a resting period(days when the sunlight is shorter) The plants sense it

No comments:

Post a Comment