Sammie Bocanegra: Wow, he really did put you in a crappy situation! I would've said yes you should let him have limited contact, until I read that he still owes you lots of money in child support. A part of being a father is owning up to the financial responsibility. Is he trying to pay the support or is he just being an idiot about it? If he does appear in her life and then leaves this will upset her and really confuse her. That is something a 5yo does not need to deal with. Though if you keep her from him she could end up hating you for it later. I would suggest that you two meet at a neutral place like a park and just make it a casual visit. Explain heavily to her that he lives very far away, so this will not be a daily event of seeing him. I would not trash talk him in front of her, though Im sure it is hard not to! Another thing....I dont know if you went to court for custody but he could bring you to court if you're refusing visitation. Just a thought. D! oes your daughter have another father figure that is strong and supportive? You basically need to outweigh the risk/benefits. Maybe you can start slow and have him call a few times a week. If he keeps up with that then maybe a visit could take place. Let him know that this is his last chance because you're worried about him psychologically harming her. I wish you lots of luck with this!
Emile Midgley: Not asking for sympathy...Anyway you'll find out that you can't change people they are who they are because of them. That being said my father has been absent for 10 years and has always made promises to me and believe or not he still does it. I think part of the reason is he is ashame. Men have this pride issue. I believe that he wants to be there, but he feels that if he can't be there for her financial then he is a failure. Alot of times what men don't seem to realize is that it doesn't matter money can't make up time, I don't care how much you have or you don't ! have. But if you know that he's going to continue to make pro! mises and never come through then don't waste your energy on that. I think you should just sit back and leave it alone...if he wants to be there he will be there. Trust me when men want something bad enough, they find ways to get. Note key words if they want it bad enough. And im not trying to say that he is this way because I don't him, but I basing this on my experience and others who have also told me about there experiences. Good luck and I want to wish your daughter good luck as well. It's not going to be easy I can tell you that much. OK =D
Rheba Cockman: I would write him a letter (with NO pictures of your son) and tell him, "I'm am blowing you off and completely ignoring you just like you blew us off and completely ignored MY son when you lived only 8 blocks away! Do not bother contacting me anymore because I have absolutely no sympathy for you. You got yourself in this situation and now you have to deal with the consequences. MY son deserves better than anyth! ing you could every give him"...Something along those lines....Show more
Frank Gazaway: sounds to me like you're doing great!!! wow, bravo!we have two laundry baskets, one for mom and dad and one for my daughter, i sort out the clothes right before i wash them, and fold them when they are dry and put them in drawers.
Thomas Riner: I don't think you should try to stop him from trying to be in his daughter's life, because in the future, no matter how rotten he may be, you daughter will resent you for it.Make it very clear to him that you're only allowing him to see her, because she deserves to know her father, it's up to him on what kind of father he wants to be. You don't want him breaking her heart, I understand that ... but she's needs to know him, regardless.
Billie Bratchett: Long story short... we split up when our son was only 7 months our son is now 22 months and my sons father has lived in florid and moved back up here in april of 09, where he then! moved 8 blocks away from us and he never came to visit or even called.! . I tried giving him pictures of our son adn he says I dont ahve room for it... so i give up.. ovbiously he dont care about his son... I left him for drugg abuse, alcholic, he couldnt NEVEr hold down a job, we lost our house because of him quiting his job because he didnt wanna work.... so none the less hes a verbal abuser and very immature.. hes now in prison for 6.5 years the miimun.... hes now writting us giving us a pitty story hes only been locked up 3 months.... Hes so sorry he failed us, he loves him , blah blah blah... he wants me to send pictures and can i please forgive him... But part of me wants to tell him off for not being there for my son he knew what he was doing was wrong and still did it.. thats not my fault nor his sons... (he did a home invasion) and now he wants everyone to feel sorry for him... he wants me to write him back.. I dont want to... if i was to id probabaly say things sooooo mean he wouldnt like it.... would you write him adn send him pictur! es or would you do the same thing i am and blow him off, like he did us when he lives so close.... i need some advice.......Show more
Jene Kostyla: If you like him and they haven't done anything yet then yes allow them but if they go to a room make sure there is someone else close and the door open and keep an eye on themAnd if the kids mess up then tell her no dating until 16 like you said
Bryant Chaudhry: There are the following rooms in my house:Mom & dad's room- 1 hamperJenna & Katelyn's room- 1 hamperConnor's room- 1 hamperCory, Collin, Craig's room- 1 hamperMe &Aidyn & Adrianna's room- 1 hamperWith one hamper, it encourages us to do the laundry. I usually walk around and bring all of the clothes down stairs, where me and the triplets sort it out (they're only 2 and it's just the cutest thing!!!!!) Then we put it washer, dryer and as each load comes out, it gets folded and put away IMMEDIATELY! in our house, it could sit in a basket for months (that happene! d once!) It's a cycle that repeats and repeats. Whatever works for you,! go with it!...Show more
Launa Weingarten: HiI have been in a similar situation my 14 yr old daughter has never seen her biological father he has never seen her either he did some crappy things including never paying child support so he now owes for 14 years and it keeps adding up heres my opinion if you dont think he would harm either of you then I would but supervised but first check out your state laws to make sure he cant just take her make sure you have established full custody somehow if always cover your butt. Also if he doesnt show sowhat let him destroy himself in your daughters eyes dont do it for him and dont cover for him. Believe me I know from personal experience. covering for him causes undue stress on yourself.GOOD LUCK
Talisha Digrande: We have a large, and I mean LARGE, laundry basket for dirty clothes in the laundry room and my husband and I have a hamper in our room. I just sort through it all in the large laundry basket and wash ac! cordingly and the hamper in our room usually gets throw in all together. We use Clorox 2 so everything comes out nice and fresh. You have a really neat system for having so many children. Very cool.
Justin Casten: I would say No.. A 13 year old isn't mature enough to make the decisions that need ot be made in dating.. I also have a 13 year old and she is NOT allowed to date.. And like someone previously said she will do it anyways, mine tried that.. And that is where it is our job as parents to monitor that sort of thing.. Daughter had a boyfriend and her Dad found out by Text messages in her phone and he Text the boy back who by the way was 16 years old turning 17 that weekend. And told him our daughter is too young to date and if he really liked her he can wait till she is allowed. If not then he can keep it moving. 2 weeks later our daughter thanked us.. She was of course mad for the first week and a half. Turned out the boy just wanted to try to do some things ! with her he shouldnt have and 3 days later he was on to the next girl..! She said I see now he really didn't love me.. It is hard to teach our children those kinds of lessons but as GOOD parents that is what we do.. The boy played with this other girls V-spot and told people at school about it then it started going around to everyone.. But he seemed like the sweetest, nicest, kindest boy you would ever meet.. I even had parents and grandparents telling me well at least it was him your daughter was dating.. I said I don't care if he is Jesus himself my child is not dating!!! Point Blank!! My Daughter goes to a school that is 7th - 12th by the way if you are wonder how a 13 yr old and 17 yr old are in the same school....Show more
Rebeca Mckin: Yes of course they wont be having sex again until they are fully grown!! I will be closely monitoring that. She and him has expressed to me how much they love each other and how they feel and it sounds like real love. I have also read her journal and the reads like love. More than likely my daughter w! ont go to a bad boy, such boys she doesn't like. But with reading through this journal my daughter has been through alot of growing up in one year under cover than i have in 10 years!!...Show more
Coleman Deliberato: I will be honest and say that I didn't read any of what you said. But if you are too young to transport yourself to your own date, then:A) It's not a date. If your parents are chaperoning it, or if they are there with you, it's not a date. You're still a kid. B) If you still insist that it is a date for some reason, then yes, you are still too young.But seriously, at 13, what is a typical date? Going to McDonald's and getting a Happy Meal? Hahaha!...Show more
Judie Kise: As a 17 year old who's kept about 90% of what happens in his life from his parents since he was 13 and has gotten away with it - I think so. Because even if she wasn't mature and responsible and everything, she kept it from you once, and can probably do it again, and probably will i! f you make them break it off now that she's invested in this. At 13 I k! now I would've been ridiculously pissed and probably would have done much worse in secret to retaliate and reassure myself I'm still in control of something. What I would have done doesn't go for all kids, I know, but it's definitely a possibility. At least if you know about it, and still let (the nonsexual parts of) it to continue, she's not really being overruled so much. Plus she'd be being trusted and considered mature enough to "overrule" you a little (but not so much that she thinks you're a huge pushover), and kids do like their maturity ego stroked, and might be more open with you if you stroke it a little now....Show more
Aubrey Tirri: Laundry is my total downfall. I'm in an upstairs apartment and my laundry keeps growing and growing and I wash as I need items but not on a regular cycle. My goal is to get organized before my second baby comes in April. I need a miracle or a laundry fairy. You are great motivation for me to not make excuses and get my act ! together.
Collin Pelfrey: I'm only 16 and I'm pregnant and I know I'm not really one to talk, but I'm about to have a daughter and I've been thinking about the same things like whether or not I'm gonna let her date and what age and all that, I believe 13 is a good age to let her start dating, you just have to limit where they are and when, put her on the pill and so she doesn't end up in my situation I would tell her to also carry at least 3 or 4 condoms with her at all times. (Oh and if you have any negative comments about the fact I'm pregnant at 16 I don't wanna effing hear it so KEEP IT TO YOURSELF)...Show more
Cherlyn Tefera: I stink at laundry. I hate it. There I said it. I hate laundry. I just devised a new plan though. Our laundry piles up and then gets done. It all goes on the laundry room floor...then it goes into piles ( Julianne's, darks, whites, Daddy's work, towels) then I do it and then it sits in baskets. Well I was tired of this. So now my son (! 3) has totes instead of dresser drawers ( he just threw it all over eve! ry time I put the clean into his dressers anyhow). I put Julianne's away in her dressers, My hubby has one BIG tote for his stuff and mine gets put on a shelf in piles. Works for me and there is no dresser drama...lol. I know it isn't normal and not too organized....but neither am I....lol....Show more
Coleman Senn: He is a criminal. Criminals lie. He did a home invasion robbery for G-d's sake. Disappear lady, if you have an ounce of brains, dissapear.
Kenneth Thuesen: My parents always let me have boyfriends, but didn't let me actually go on dates until I turned 16. I had a boyfriend when I was 12, and it depends on the person, but honestly the majority of 12-year-olds aren't going to do anything bad with a boy at that age. Relationships that young are still pretty much a joke, and I don't really see the harm in them. If I had a daughter and I trusted her, I would let her have a boyfriend but I wouldn't let them go out on dates. As for Facebook, my mom didn'! t let me have one until I was 14. I think 13 is a good age. There's nothing unsafe about Facebook as long as she sets her profile on private and doesn't add/talk to people she doesn't know. And 13 is the legal minimum age for Facebook....Show more
Elvie Drumgoole: This time? There's a "this" time? Well, I have two answers. One is based on emotion, and the other is based on logic. Emotion? Dude is a dirt bag. If he doesn't pay, and doesn't come see her, there is no reason to care whether or not he ever gets to know her. Period. He didn't want to be around when she was a baby, didn't want to take care of the two of you then, what in hell's bell's kind of priveledge does he have now? Zero. Now, logic tells us that a little girl needs her daddy, and can pick up all KINDS of psych problems if she doesn't have one, and we all know that's not cool. However, she is probably too little to realize just what a dirtbag he is, and shouldn't be kept from him if she wants to see him! . She will grow up to resent you if you do that...but that doesn't mean! that you have to lie to her. Tell her the truth about what happened. Leave out the insults (that I know you would so love to toss in there) and explain that sometimes daddies and mommies don't get along so well. If it really is him trying to get back at you for something as equally ridiculous as not standing up for his responsibilities, send him to JAIL.
Robin Tommie: Put her on the pill or an implant ASAP.If she is sleeping with him, it will not stop and if you forbid it she will only sneak around.Monitor them closely band limit where and when they can see one another. Like one night on the weekend, a couple of time through the week. It is important she maintains other friendships at this age.
Raleigh Lufkin: qqqqqq
Cecil Derenzi: My daughter's father has not seen her since she was only 3 months old. Now, all of the sudden, he wants to see her and it's been almost 5 years. He has said this before, but nothing ever came out of it. He lives so far away, li! ke 15 hours or more away from us. So it's not like he can just hop in his car and drive over for an hour or two weekly. what should I do? I did let my daughter talk to him for the first time in her life that day on the phone, she was so excited. She calls him her "other daddy" or "old daddy". I want her to know him, but I almost think he is just saying he wants to know her either to get me back cause things may not be working out with his new girlfriend, or just because he is about to get into some serious trouble for owing me over $7000 grand in back (unpaid) child support. He can't keep a job, so I have never received a penny from him since I gave birth to his only daughter.He does have like 3 other kids too with 2 other women who he doesn't pay for either....Show more
Branden Roddick: Normally I would say no, but since they have been dating for a year and a half already, you might as well let them continue.But closely monitor them and set limits, and put a curfew ! in place.
Guy Bonamico: Wow, I'm amazed, good thing you have so m! uch space for all those laundry sorters. I put a laundry basket in each room and everyday (almost) pick up appropriate kind of laundry that I'll be doing. I'm very particular about the way I like it to be sorted and folded and organized in the closets so I do it myself. Besides, I have three boys, it is the easiest to do it myself, at least for now!
Ronny Dorge: Now if she is 13, and has lost her VIRGINITY already! That is absolutely crazy! I know that she's fine, but what if she dumps him, finds another guy, and is not so good. I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but no dating till 14 and a half or 15, and no more sex until 17. I'm sorry just really worried about this, just think, a 13 year old pregnant. Hope this helps.
Hermina Ketring: well dont keep your daughter from her fatheri havent seen my father in 12 years, and before that i hadnt seen him since i was a baby partially because of my mother, partially due to his disinterest, but if they both want to! see eachother, iwuldnt kep them from eachothermy mother hasnt received any child support either, but like you said its deu to an inability to keep a job, you ahve no obligation to maintain a relationship of any sort with him ,jjust dont keep your daughter from knowing her fatehr if she wants to, its on eo the things i wish i couldve done was been close with my dad
Jackson Esmiol: In this situation there is only one person who matters and that is your daughter.Yes, it is very unfortunate and sad that he has been absent and not paying child support. He should be more on top of that and he should be doing whatever it takes to make that a priority. He really needs to step up.However, if your daughter wants a relationship with her real dad she should be allowed to have one. In time she will probably realize that he isn't the dream dad she imagined but if she isn't allowed to have a relationship with her father she will always wonder about him. I believe it is importan! t for a child's identity to know both biological parents, even if it is! limited or sporatic. Definately stay with your daughter when he visits and make the experience as positive as possible but don't set her hopes way up high. Don't let her know you are nervous or that you have any reservations about her meeting him. For her sake try to be positive.I wish you the best. These situations are never easy. I think your daughter will appreciate these efforts on your part when she grows older....Show more
Cuc Gire: Oh wow! Deja vu! That could be my daughter! Her dad didn't see her for 6 years, then wanted a relationship with her. After many long talks with him, I decided he was sincere so I allowed him to take her for a full day... He and his wife picked her up, took her shopping and then back to their house to play with her 1 yr. old step-sister. They brought her home at the end of the day, and she never heard from them again! She's 34 yrs. old now. I never got one dime in child support. My daugher just found her half-sister a fe! w months ago on MySpace, but wants no contact with their father.Do what feels right in your heart. I wish I had.
Foster Padgette: i just keep me and my daughter's clothes together i don't have time to wash clothes every day but i usually end up washing her clothes first because she needs onesies and socks and her pjs
Jayson Brod: Originally i was going to have my daughter start dating at the age of 16 but when i found out she has been dating secretly for a year and a half but she turned out to not be pregnant,no std's and still doing good in school and being good everywhere.But i did find out she isn't a virgin. She is very smart and mature for her age. She knows whats right and whats wrong and how it can ruin your life. She watched her own sister do it and she saw what it put me through.The boy is 14 very sweet calm helpful and silly. He is someone i would want my daughter to date!I Like him i think he is a nice young manBut Im still 50/50 on whether or not i! should let her date. What do you think i should consider doing?...Show! more
Terresa Tsasie: my ex is a pain to deal with and makes promises to our boys too and if it wasn't for being in the military now i wouldn't get support either (he gets out in a year) but he is there father so I just let the boys form their own opinions about him. If he doesn't follow through again just be there for her and let her know that you love her very much. I can be hard to sit back and let someone make promises to your daughter and then keep breaking the promises but when your daughter is older she can decide if she wants her father to be part of her life.
Cody Shimko: He just wants you to write him because he's sitting there by himself with no one to care about him so he went to the first person he thought might.
Randal Deyarmond: I have absolutely no organization to the way I do laundry - so to me it sounds like you have it down pretty good.
Norine Lomonte: Well, we have all the things in the laundry room, but when I have clean clothe! s, I put it in my room.
Gabriel Realmuto: Yall are saying he could be bad but yet they have been dating for 1 year and 6 monthsmore than likely they have had arguments and had problems but he hasn't done anything to harm my daughter physically/emotionally/ or her reputation.protection was used (They only did it 2 i was told)He isn't a bad kid at all and we have know him before they started dating. They go back till the age of 6 so i know they must have some love for each other...Show more
Providencia Jalbert: I think you are confusing having a boyfriend with "dating." Obviously, she has a boyfriend.I would take this on a case by case basis. For example, dating someone 14 ( same age/a year older) is hugely different from dating one that is 16 (3 years older). Younger girls are naive to older boys. Get parental control and GPS on her cell phone before you buy her one. lol. Taking away a cell phone (or game boy or computer), for even a day, gets the teenager to abi! de by the rules. You might need that in the future. Also, you can make ! sure they are not taking calls at 3 am to sneak out of the house. ;) (This is for your info only, if you share, she will be able to make other arrangements.)Otherwise, give her a curfew that is appropriate for her age and be prepared to be the mom who drives.Good luck!...Show more
Rhett Kaines: everybody has a concious and we all gonna die one day, you will have to answer for your daughter the same as him into god eyes.
Sylvie Snetting: I put all our dirty clothes together the kids and me and my hubby have our own laundry basket and my mom has her own laundry basket and then once a week i do all the laundry by seperating the clothes dark. lights, jeans, towels, sheets, whites and reds, then i wash and fold and put in a huge laundry basket and put them away usually the next day as i have about 12 loads of laundry a week so it takes me morning till night...
Ervin Overbee: I have a laundry chute that goes into my basement. All of the laundry goes down the ! chute. Then I sort it into 6 different compartment (lights, whites, red/black, blues, and towels) and wash and fold all of it. My husband has just recently purchased a front loader 4 cubic foot capacity washer that is about to make my life a whole lot easier!
Refugio Gastineau: he's "a pathalogical liar and his finished kinfolk enable you to appreciate the comparable he says what he feels desires to be suggested so he says much less bored in penal complex adn while he gets out he forgets what he suggested", "he lived 10 blocks away and lived there for a 365 days and in no way visited him, call or no longer something... easily met a woman tried to marry her ( beat her up, broke he jaw, ribs arm ect.)" Why the hell are you even pondering this guy? he shouldn't replace and that i'm especially advantageous you already realize it. Your son merits to return from a house the place there's a father who's consistent, there is not any longer violence, and he sees his mommy happ! y. Do what you gotta do. Do it on your baby....Show more
No comments:
Post a Comment