111

Monday, 23 March 2020

Has anyone or is anyone renting a fetal doppler?

Marhta Teahan: I bought one that says it works as early as 13 weeks. However, I was 19 weeks when i bought it so I can't confirm that. We do hear my little guy's heartbeat on it and we can hear his kicks...they sound like little thumps. It says you can hear hiccups but I haven't heard it yet or don't know what i'm listening for one LOL. I have never heard of renting them. But for me buying one was worth it because i'm high risk and it makes me feel good to be able to hear him at home. Sometimes they're a little tricky to find but you just have to have patience and move the doppler around until you do....Show more

Danica Timperman: I rented mine at 14 weeks and kept it for 2 months, just long enough to feel kicks every day. I got it at bellybeats.com and I think it was worth every penny.My midwife warned that extended use has not really been studied so not to use it for long. I just listened for maybe 15 second morning and night to make sure there was a heart beat an! d put it away. It uses ultrasound waves which do produce heat and could theoretically cause harm with extended use....Show more

Antwan Schrum: I rented mine at 9 wks from Babyfm.com. With some digging and wrangling I got it to work the first day I got it. They're too expensive to buy but $25/month for a little peace of mind is a good investment.One fun thing about having it was before I could feel the baby moving I could hear it on the doppler. If they bump into anything it made sort of a "whoop" sound and you could hear the increase in the heartrate just slightly....Show more

Whitley Leopold: i've never heard of renting one; people have bought them; they're probably several hundred dollars and i've heard people not having a great success rate with it. plus if you can't find the heart beat you'll probably freak out and end up in the er way more than you should lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment