111

Monday, 10 February 2020

Anyone know of a book award for child authors?

answers1:the Newbery award goes out to all kinds of authors, not just
adult authors who write the books.
answers2:wtf are you looking for a book written by a kid?
answers3:Young authors are very rare, so I think you'll be hard
pressed to find awards specifically for child authors. From the sounds
of it you're not looking to include teen authors, so you've pretty
much limited your search to a field that's probably non-existent; if
you include teens, then you will find some teen authors, though they
are still rare. 99.9% of young adult, middle grade, and children's
book authors are adults, so there are awards for those categories, as
you've found out, but I don't know if there are awards specifically
for teen or children's authors. I'm assuming you have a child author
whose book you want to enter into a contest? If so, then it'll most
likely be competing with adult authors who write the same type of
books, which in my opinion is fair is because in the real market their
books are competing against books that are written by adults....Show
more
answers4:I tried google and yahoo but came up empty. I am not sure
there is any such award.

No comments:

Post a Comment