111

Friday, 27 September 2019

I have a Performing Arts class (drama/theare) and I have to perform something Friday (in 2 days), HELP!!?

answers1: Ok, breathe. . . . <br>
<br>
I have been involved in the arts for years - both as a musician and a
worker in the College of Fine Arts at the Uni I work for. <br>
<br>
What you need to do is think outside the box. So you don't dance -
fine. So you don't have musical talent - fine. So you can do art -
let's work with that. <br>
<br>
Are there any restrictions saying that you can't have accomplices in
this performance? If no, find a few others to help you work out an
artistic idea. I don't know what type of art you do (i.e. digital vs.
painting vs. 2d vs. 3d etc) but here's what I did for a multi-media
project. <br>
<br>
I am a musician. I wrote some music based on yoga positions (sorry
this was way before yoga was even a thought in American eyes - early
90's) I scanned in some pictures of the yoga pics and had a digital
artist work them in photoshop. I got a bunch of dancers to dance to
my music using their own sense of art. <br>
<br>
The performance consisted of the images being projected behind the
dancers while my music was playing. The beauty of it is that no two
performances would be the same due to the dancers - the only anchor
is the music/projected images. Which was my intent. <br>
<br>
You could always paint on a canvas to a work of music - music would
always be the same - but the paint - the art - is always chance . . .
.

No comments:

Post a Comment